Search

Trump says the US will take care of North Korea’s ICBM missile launch

Reacting to the latest intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) test by North Korea, the US President Donald Trump said, “We will take of it.” The move of North Korea has elevated international tensions.

North Korea a caused a worldwide threat by firing its highest-ever intercontinental ballistic missile.

In brief remarks from the White house on November 28, Trump told the reporters after the missile launch that the US “will take care of it…. It is a situation that we will handle.”

Giving no further details, the President just said that the missile launch has not changed anything about the US strategy towards Pyongyang.

The most recent launch of Pyongyang was when a North Korean missile flew over northern Japan before dropping into the Pacific Ocean, on September 15, 2017. The missile launch of Wednesday is Pyongyang’s 20th test so far, this year.

James Mattis, US Secretary of Defence, said, “North Korea has fired its highest-ever intercontinental ballistic missile and poses a worldwide threat.”

The Pentagon earlier said that before falling into the Sea of Japan, the missile had flown for around 1,000 km.

Launched in September, the last ballistic missile of North Korea came days after its sixth nuclear test.

According to the Fox News report, launched from Sain Ni, North Korea, the missile flew roughly around 1,000 km before landing in the Sea of Japan.

On the other hand, the New York Times reported, before landing off the north of Honshu, Japan’s largest island, the missile flew east for about 53 minutes.

The Pentagon in a statement said that launched from Sain Ni, near the North Korean capital, the missile flew for about 1,000 km before plunging into the Sea of Japan, within Japan’s Exclusive Economic Zone.

On Tuesday, Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State, said that for resolving the nuclear controversy with North Korea, “diplomatic options” were available.

He said, “Diplomatic options remain viable and open, for now. The US remains committed to finding a peaceful path to denuclearization and to ending belligerent actions by North Korea.”

He also added that Pyongyang’s “relentless pursuit of nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them must be reversed.”

Besides, the top diplomat of the US said, “All nations must continue strong economic and diplomatic measures. In addition to implementing all existing UN sanctions, the international community must take additional measures to enhance maritime security, including the right to interdict maritime traffic transporting goods to and from North Korea”.

In his September address to the United Nations, Trump threatened that if North Korea continued its military escalation, he’ll “totally destroy” it. Besides, in response to Korea’s frequent missile tests, he had mockingly dubbed Kim Jong-un “Rocket Man”.

Trump went on board on a week-and-a-half-long Asia tour in early November. During the tour, he visited South Korea and Japan along with other nations, and reiterated the US commitment to its allies in the region.

Write a response

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close
True News Source © Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.
Close