Last updated on December 20th, 2018
The Houthi-run health ministry has, recently, claimed that over 55 people were killed in Hodeidah, Yemen’s crucial port city. The Saudi Arabia human rights massacre ensued from the air strikes carried out by Saudi and UAE alliance, against Houthi rebels.
In a report released by the ministry, on Thursday, it claimed that the unwarranted attacks over Hodeidah’s Public al-Thawra Hospital and a busy fishing port, left over 124 Yemenis injured.
Taha al-Mutawakil, the Minister for Public Health and Population in the Houthi-led administration said, “The local authorities are facing a hard time to manage mass casualties. Moreover, the ambulances restrained from carrying the wounded to Sanaa or other cities to avoid Saudi air attacks.
The International Red Cross, which aids the al-Thawra hospital, claimed that it has provided adequate surgical supplies, which will be enough for the treatment of 50 critical patients.
“What we have seen in Hodeidah; Saudi Arabia Human Rights violations and mass killings, is a heinous crime,” Mutawakil said. He also said that US was equally responsible for the deaths.
US has been providing logistical support to the Saudi-led coalition to carry out attacks on the Yemen soil, since March 2015. The whole idea behind these attacks is to reinstate the internationally recognised government of President Abu-Rabbu Mansour Hadi in the region.
Coming on statistics, over 10,000 people have lost their lives in the two-sided aggressive battle and more than 100,000 children have died from intense starvation and chronic diseases.
For the last few weeks, the UN had been trying to broker a deal in a bid to avert the attack and stop Saudi human rights violations, which it fears would further hinder Yemenis’ access to food, fuel and medicine – worsening the world’s most urgent humanitarian crisis.
The nerve-racking view of scattered body parts across Hodeidah
Mohamed al-Hasni, the head of Hodeidah’s fishermen union, informed that there were no military targets in the area and “the targeting of fishermen was not expected.”
At the time of attack, the port and market were flooded with innocent civilians. It was nothing but planned a massacre. No military troops were present in the area. This gives a clear indication that the air strikes were conducted to spread fear and terror.
The rescue workers narrated how the body parts were scattered all over the fish market, leaving several crying tears of blood and mourning the death of their kin, after the attacks.
Hodeidah authorities said these air attacks were absolutely unanticipated because both the Houthi fighters and the Saudi-UAE coalition had declared the suspension of hostilities in Yemen, recognising the UN peace efforts.
The Yemen Data Project has recorded 24 air raids on residential areas, three on water and electricity sites, three targeting hitting healthcare facilities, and one on IDP camp, which is another add-on to the UAE and Saudi Arabia human rights violations spree.